Sourced quotes Modifier
- "And indeed, Mary, I cannot wonder at your husband. Nursing does not belong to a man, it is not his province. A sick child is always the mother's property, her own feelings generally make it so."
- "Isabella, embracing Catherine, thus began: - "Yes, my dear Catherine, it is so indeed; your penetration has not deceived you. - Oh! that arch eye of yours! - It sees through every thing."
- ""And what are you reading, Miss—?" "Oh! it is only a novel!" replies the young lady…in short, only some work in which the greatest powers of the mind are displayed, in which the most thorough knowledge of human nature, the happiest delineation of its varieties, the liveliest effusions of wit and humor are conveyed to the world in the best chosen language."
See also Modifier
- Pride and Prejudice (1813)
Other websites Modifier
- The Jane Austen Museum
- Guardian Books "Author Page", with profile and links to further articles.
- The Republic of Pemberley, the largest Jane Austen site on the web.
- The Jane Austen Society of North America
- Jane Austen Quote of the Day
bg:Джейн Остин br:Jane Austen cs:Jane Austenová de:Jane Austen en:Jane Austen eo:Jane Austin fr:Jane Austen it:Jane Austen he:ג'יין אוסטן ku:Jane Austen nn:Jane Austen pl:Jane Austen pt:Jane Austen sl:Jane Austen
Sauf mention contraire, le contenu de la communauté est disponible sous licence CC-BY-SA .