2♣ is a very common conventional bid.
As an opening Modifier
- 2♣ openings are typically strong and artificial, showing 22+ points (balanced), or in the neighborhood of 19+ points for distributional hands.
- If Strong two bids are played, then 2♣ is a strong natural opening. This treatment has become mostly obsolete.
As a response Modifier
- After a 1♣ opening, 2♣ is normally a single raise, showing a 8-card ♣ fit, 6-10 points and no biddable majors. However, with inverted minor raises, the 2♣ response shows at least invitational values and is forcing for one round.
- After a suit opening other than 1♣, 2♣ is a response showing invitational values and 4+ ♣s (Two over one).
- After a 1NT opening, 2♣ is Stayman, asking for a 4-card major, or showing invitational values.
As an overcall Modifier
- A 2♣ overcall usually shows about 11-16 HCPs and 5+ good ♣s (usually 6).
Sauf mention contraire, le contenu de la communauté est disponible sous licence CC-BY-SA .