As an opening Modifier
- If playing Weak two bids then 2♦ shows 5-11 points and 6+ diamonds.
- If playing Strong two bids then 2♦ shows around 21+ points and 6+ diamonds.
- As the preemptive power of 2♦ is weak, a 2♦ opening may be conventional.
As a response Modifier
As a response to a 1♣ opening Modifier
As a response to a 1♦ opening Modifier
- If inverted minor raises are in play, then 2♦ is a strong fit-showing raise, showing 11+ points and most likely denying a four-card major.
- In natural bidding, a single minor raise denies a four-card major and confirms a minimum fit with 6-10 points.
As a response to a major suit opening Modifier
- This non-jump bid is 2/1. It denies any intervening four-card major and typically shows a four-card suit with 10+ points.
As a response to 1NT opening Modifier
- 1NT-2♦ is most often used as a Jacoby transfer to hearts.
As a response to 2♣ opening Modifier
- 2♦ is typically either a negative response (0-8 points) or a waiting response.
As an overcall Modifier
- Directly over a natural 1♣, 2♦ is weak (not so if balancing)
- Over 1♦, it's typically Michaels.
- Over 1♥/♠, 2♦ is a natural overcall.
- Over 1NT, there are many possible meanings associated with 2♦.
Sauf mention contraire, le contenu de la communauté est disponible sous licence CC-BY-SA .