As an opening Modifier
- If playing Weak two bids then 2♥ shows 5-11 points and 6+ hearts.
- If playing Strong two bids then 2♥ shows around 21+ points and 6+ hearts.
As a response Modifier
As a response to a 1♣ or 1♦ opening Modifier
As a response to a 1♥ opening Modifier
- A single raise 1♥-2♥ typically promises a fit and a minimum response.
As a response to a 1♠ opening Modifier
- This non-jump bid is 2/1. It typically promises 10+ points and if opening 5-card majors, a 5-card heart suit (note that this
is the exception to 2/1, all other suits requiring only 4. The reasoning is that without a 3-card spade fit and only 4 hearts, there must be a four-card minor to show. A 4-4 fit will be found when partner rebids 2♥).
As a response to 1NT opening Modifier
- 1NT-2♥ is most often used as a Jacoby transfer to spades.
As a response to 2♣ opening Modifier
- 2♥ is typically a positive response showing 8+ and a 5-card heart suit. Transfer bids may be in use that would change this meaning.
As an overcall Modifier
- Directly over a natural 1♣, 2♥ is weak (not so if balancing)
- Over 1♥, it's typically Michaels, showing spades and a minor. Other treatments also exist.
- Over 1♠, 2♥ is a natural overcall.
- Over 1NT, there are many possible meanings associated with 2♥.
Sauf mention contraire, le contenu de la communauté est disponible sous licence CC-BY-SA .